Friday, July 14, 2017

The Messages Animals Gift to Us

Those who know me know how much I love animals.  In fact, I call myself an “animaltarian” because I love animals too much to eat them.   

I’m pretty much an empath when it comes to animals (as well as people) in that most times I can sense what the animal is feeling, and on occasion I could sense an illness or pain they were experiencing.  In fact, it’s very hard for me to see dead animals because on some level I can sense the pain and fear they felt right before they died.  I also totally believe that animals have souls and I have an extremely deep spiritual connection with all of them.

Some believe that when animals appear to us out of the norm, they are bringing us messages.  Therefore, when that happens, I always research the spiritual meanings to see if there could be a message for me.  I’ll give a few examples.

Years ago, while working in the yard, a deer in the pasture was trying very hard to get my attention by running around.  As soon as I looked at her, she stopped, looked right at me, and I clearly heard the words, “Lighten up on yourself!”  Then she disappeared.  Deer messages include gentleness, ability to listen, grace, and appreciation for the beauty of balance, power of gratitude and giving, and connection to the woodland goddess.

One time a frog was on my window screen (second floor).  Its spiritual meaning is cleansing, renewal, rebirth, fertility, abundance, transformation, metamorphosis, life mysteries, and ancient wisdom.

Another time, two doves sat in front of my window and sang to me.  Some meanings could be receiving true divine guidance through feelings and intuition, bringer of peace and love, understanding of gentleness, spirit messenger, communication between the two worlds, and prophecy. 

Many times dragonflies will appear to me out of the blue.  Their message could mean carefree, strong imagination, higher aspirations, lightness, joy, transformation, and connection with nature’s spirits and fairy realms.

Hawks tend to surprise me with their appearance.  Their meanings are messenger, intuition, victory, healing, nobility, recollection, cleansing, visionary power, guardianship, take the lead when the time is right, power to see, clear vision, strong connection with spirit, and increased spiritual awareness.

While coming out of the parking lot at a store, a black snake was slithering right towards me.  Snakes represent healing, transformation, life changes, connection to life force, and spiritual guidance

There are numerous websites that can help you find the meanings, but make sure you get a legitimate site.  You can search for these under ‘animals-spiritual-totems-meanings.’  These sites also go into more detail of what these definitions mean.  Make sure the meanings resonate with you and check these meanings with your inner spirit.

Anatole France said, "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."  And Martin Buber stated, “An animal’s eyes have the power to speak a great language.”  I absolutely agree!  

Published in the Cookeville Herald Citizen newspaper July 14, 2017.

No comments: