Friday, January 27, 2017

The Power of Love

I had the wonderful opportunity to participate in the Women’s March held in Nashville, and I know numerous people from Cookeville attended marches in Washington, Chattanooga, and elsewhere.  What an amazing experience with 15,000 to 20,000 marching in Nashville alone! 

The diversity of those participating was fantastic!  Men, women, children, people from all religions, colors, races, politics, genders, and more, came together in love and peace for a common cause…to unite humanity for the civil rights of all people. 

These marches didn’t just occur in America; they were happening all over the world!  It warmed my heart to see millions of people loving, supporting, and encouraging each other to be brave, stand tall, and to know that we will not let anyone take us backwards in time, and that we will continue to promote equality for all.  There has never been a one-day protest this large in the history of the U.S., and overall, every one of them was very peaceful.

This is much more than politics.  In this time of spiritual awakening, people are coming to the realization that we really are all connected.  No matter where we live in the world, we are all human beings, and we need to really start loving and caring for each other.  I’ll say it again and again.  Jesus commanded us to love one another and to love our neighbors as ourselves.  He didn’t make any exceptions.  The great spiritual masters from all religions taught the same thing, and people are starting to get it.   The love and connection we felt towards each other at these marches was phenomenal, and I believe that this love is going to continue to grow!

Recently, I was in a situation where I was with some people who didn’t believe the way I did (which was fine), and some negative comments were made about others.  I felt myself begin to shrink inside when I suddenly heard the words very clearly, “Don’t shrink!  Shine!”  I can’t let anyone make me feel less than or that I don’t matter.  We ALL matter and we are ALL meant to shine!  When we embrace each other with love, compassion, and kindness, then love will always prevail!

James Van Praagh wrote, “You are a soul being beyond human comprehension; your soul light endures through eternity.  The power of love not only transforms your soul but also contributes more to the world than you’ll ever know.”  The Dalai Lama stated, “I have found that the greatest degree of inner tranquility comes from the development of love and compassion.  The more we care for the happiness of others, the greater our own sense of well-being becomes.”  

Published in the Cookeville Herald Citizen newspaper January 27, 2017.

1 comment:

Common Sense Gal said...

Beautifully expressed, Karen! You shine on in a radiance of love and light!