Saturday, January 14, 2017

The Magic of Synchronicity

Synchronicity, serendipity, coincidences…  All three have meanings in common, but synchronicity has a little more of a spiritual or magical quality.  In other words, synchronicity is a meaningful coincidence.

Synchronicity is something that seems to have happened just by chance, but when looked at more closely, we come to see that it was meant to happen.  We’ve all experienced them.  It’s those moments where the odds of something occurring are so great that they leave us in awe and they can take our breath away. 

As we move forward on a serious spiritual path, the synchronicities occur more often and at faster speeds sometimes leaving us stunned and amazed.  It’s a ‘wow’ moment that reminds us that there really is a plan.  It can also give our spiritual lives a huge boost in confidence, while at the same time increasing our faith and belief that all of life is connected.  For many of us who are awakening, synchronicity reminds us of our direct link with the spiritual realm.

Recently, I had such a wonderful synchronistic experience that it actually brought me to tears.   A beautiful soul from our church had recently passed and a memorial was held to honor her wonderful life.  A couple nights before, the secretary from our church asked me if I had a template for a memorial program since I’ve done them in the past.  I told her I’d be happy to put a program together for her.  I immediately got on the computer and was able to easily design all but the poem on the back.  I wanted the poem to be special in order to honor the exceptional lady that she was.  I searched for numerous poems, but I couldn’t decide which one would be perfect enough for her.  Finally, I settled on one that was very charming and I hoped it might be meaningful for her and to all the attendees.

At the service, a visitor spoke up and said she was surprised that this poem was on the back of the program because she had previously taken the poem and put it to music.  She then proceeded to the piano where she sang this magnificent song.  Her voice was like an angel and the melody, along with the words, brought many of us to tears. 

I was astonished at the synchronicity of it and that it did have so much meaning to those present.  It was a great reminder that we are all spiritually connected, and because of that direct connection, it helped me choose the perfect song for this occasion.  From now on, I will surely be more aware of other synchronicities that may occur in my life and will always be just as amazed as I was with this one.

“When you stop existing and you start truly living, each moment of the day comes alive with the wonder and synchronicity.” Steve Marabol

“Synchronicity is choreographed by a great pervasive intelligence that lies at the heart of nature, and is manifest in each of us through intuitive knowledge.”  Deepak Chopra

Published in the Cookeville Herald Citizen newspaper January 13, 2017.

No comments: