Saturday, November 12, 2016

The Power of Your Thoughts

I accept and receive unexpected good, unexpected money, unexpected love, unexpected kindness, unexpected generosity, unexpected offers, unexpected prosperity coming in unexpected ways from unexpected places in my life and the life of others.  I am constantly guided and boldly empowered to receive the lavish abundance of the Universe.  I accept the principle that abundance and prosperity have already been given to me.  My acceptance makes it real and opens the space for manifestation to rush in!  I open wide the doors of my consciousness to receive and to give!  It is done now!  (Author unknown)

I recently saw the above posted on Facebook and immediately printed it so that I could read it over and over to have it become part of my every day mantra

Thoughts have power, a lot more power than we have ever known.  Peace Pilgrim said, “If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought.”   Buddha stated, “We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.”

I’ve been a student of New Thought for some time now, except it’s not really New Thought…it’s more like ancient wisdom, which has been around since the beginning of mankind.  I have read probably hundreds of books about the power of our thoughts, so I know the information; except knowing and doing are two entirely different things. 

People who know me know that I’m pretty much a very positive and optimistic person.  The thing is, they don’t know that there are many times when I’m not thinking so positively.  In fact, I sometimes go into that deep pit of negativity and fear, and I go there more times than I care to admit.  I just don’t show it outwardly because I don’t want to be responsible for bringing others down with me. 

When my mind is filled with positivity and love for all as well as for myself, my life is so much better and brighter, things go better, and I feel like I can take on the world.  I know that everything is going to be all right, that I can rest in the knowledge that everything is in Divine Order, and that I don’t have to worry about a thing.  One thing about being an impath, though, is that I tend to take on the energies around me, and those energies aren’t always so positive.  Therefore, it just takes constant monitoring of my thoughts by overcoming the negative with the positive and loving. 

Wayne Dyer wrote, “Begin noticing and being careful about keeping your imagination free of thoughts that you do not wish to materialize. Instead, initiate a practice of filling your creative thoughts to overflow with ideas and wishes that you fully intend to manifest. Honor your imaginings regardless of others seeing them as crazy or impossible.”  Confucius said, “The more man meditates upon good thoughts, the better will be his world and the world at large.”  Gandhi stated, “Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.”

James Allen wrote a great little book titled “As A Man Thinketh” and I would highly recommend reading it (free at asamanthinketh.net).  He writes:  “‘As a man thinketh in his heart so is he,’ not only embraces the whole of a man's being, but is so comprehensive as to reach out to every condition and circumstance of his life. A man is literally what he thinks, his character being the complete sum of all his thoughts.

Man is made or unmade by himself; in the armory of thought he forges the weapons by which he destroys himself. He also fashions the tools with which he builds for himself heavenly mansions of joy and strength and peace. By the right choice and true application of thought, man ascends to the Divine Perfection; by the abuse and wrong application of thought, he descends below the level of the beast. Between these two extremes are all the grades of character, and man is their maker and master.

Of all the beautiful truths pertaining to the soul which have been restored and brought to light in this age, none is more gladdening or fruitful of divine promise and confidence than this - that man is the master of thought, the molder of character, and maker and shaper of condition, environment, and destiny.

As a being of Power, Intelligence, and Love, and the lord of his own thoughts, man holds the key to every situation, and contains within himself that transforming and regenerative agency by which he may make himself what he wills.”

“Change your though - change your life!”  Wayne Dyer 


Published in the Cookeville Herald Citizen newspaper November 11, 2016.

(Picture is from notsalmon.com website [self-help for people who wouldn't be caught dead doing self-help])

1 comment:

Astrologer Shivashankara said...

Posting it is very needed because every human being today want this information. Keep it up. Good luck and thanks for posting Spiritual Healings in Bangalore | Spiritual Healers in Bangalore