Friday, March 11, 2016

Lightworkers and Peacekeepers

Weary of all the negativity in the news, especially in the political realm, I went to bed early and fell into a deep sleep.  Soon, a presence appeared to me and woke me up.  What I saw was a beautiful angelic being; not so much beautiful as society considers beautiful, but she radiated so much peace and unconditional love that beautiful can’t even begin to describe her.

Gently, she reached her hand towards me, and as I clasped her soft fingers, we started to rise upward, out of the house, and into the universe.  Suddenly, we stopped and she directed my gaze to the earth.  “What do you see?”  I answered, “I see a beautiful planet we call Mother Earth.  It looks so small, but so absolutely amazing at the same time!”

“What else do you see?”  Looking closer, I saw all these sparkling lights all over the world.  Perplexed, I asked, “What are all those sparkling lights?” 

“Those lights are all the lightworkers and peacekeepers who are working to bring love and peace to your world.  They do so through being of service to humanity, teaching unconditional love for all beings as well as your planet, they take care of others, and they show compassion and kindness to all they meet.  They also hold everyone in loving consciousness or what some may call praying.  They come in all colors, races, religions, cultures, genders, and walks of life.”

As I watched in wonderment, I inquired, “What are the blinking lights?”

“Those are the lightworkers and peacekeepers who are in training so to speak.  They’re trying really hard to hold everyone in love, but sometimes their humanness gets in the way and they struggle.”

“You mean like me?  I’M a blinker!  I’m really trying to stay in love, but it’s hard sometimes when you see so much hate and violence in the world.  I sometimes struggle with not hating the haters or judging the judgers.  I go into fear a lot and get stressed out by what I see and hear.  But my inner voice will give me a talking to and try to guide me back into a state of unconditional love for all.”

“Yes, there are many ‘blinkers’ as you call them, but you are all evolving.  There is much darkness in your world right now, and that’s because in this great spiritual awakening, everything that isn’t working is coming to light so that it can be seen, cleansed, and healed.”

Confused, I continued.  “But if there are so many working to spread the light, then why is there still so much darkness?”

“Darkness is caused by fear.  Fear breeds hate, bigotry, and ignorance.  And when people are in fear, they may choose to follow the darkness.  It’s their choice.  That’s why humans were given the gift of free-will.”

Exasperated, I pleaded, “So what can we do to overcome the darkness?  Especially me, since I’m only one person!?!?”

Tenderly, she replied, “Karen, it only takes one candle to light a dark room.  So imagine when millions of people work at spreading the light.  Your Martin Luther King, Jr. said, ‘Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.’  He couldn’t have said it better.  Think of it this way, Karen.  All this so called hate that you are seeing is actually teaching people to love.  They’re starting to come to the realization that hate isn’t the answer.  It’s not what their spiritual masters of their religions taught.  Remember, too, that God, by whatever name you use, is in everyone and everything.”

“You mean even in the darkness?!?”

“It’s a hard concept to understand, but yes.  The creator made everyone and everything on earth.  Everyone has the light within them, but for whatever reasons, they’ve covered it up because of painful experiences, because of what they learned, or because they believe in their doctrines more than what their spiritual masters have taught.  But the light is there.  That’s the God spark within everyone.  People choose to do evil and that feeds the darkness.  So it will take the lightworkers and peacekeepers to keep doing what they came to do.  What you came to do.  You know many who are also on this path.  Many are your friends. Just continue sending love and light to everyone and everything around you and in the world.  Even when it’s hard.  Bless it all.  By doing so, you ARE making a difference.”

It was only moments later before I awoke from the deep sleep.  I reflected on everything I just experienced, and I found that it gave me the strength and courage to carry on.  This little light of mine, I’m going to let it shine! 


Published in the Cookeville Herald Citizen newspaper March 11, 2016.

No comments: