Sunday, January 24, 2016

Dynamically Divine

“I am a dynamic spiritual being!  The word ‘dynamic’ is used to describe someone with an outgoing, energetic personality.  The Greek origin of the word, ‘dunamis,’ means miraculous power.  So in the truest sense of the word, those who study and apply Truth principles can be considered dynamic.  When we tap into Truth, we connect with our own miraculous power.  We are dynamically alive!  Our spiritual power energizes further through prayer and meditation, forgiveness, and love.  We may see tangible results or simply gain a profound sense of peace.  The important thing to remember is this:  We are dynamic spiritual beings expressing divine power through our oneness with God.  Then God said, “Let us make humankind in our image, according to our likeness; and let them have dominion.”  Gen. 1:26  (Printed from the Daily Word, a Unity publication.)

One of my life’s missions is to teach people about their Divine Magnificence.  If everyone knew who they really are, we would be living in a much different world.  There would be no fighting, no killing, no war….  Instead, unconditional love would be bursting forth like fireworks to everyone and everything around us.  We would not only be sending love out to others, but we would be so filled with unconditional love for ourselves. 

We say that God (by whatever name you use) is love, so if God is love and we were made in the image (essence) of God, then we can’t help but be anything but love!  Since we came from God, then we are a Spark of God, which means that the love God has for us is constantly filling and embracing us with the most glorious and spectacular, pure, unconditional, perfect love!  That’s who we are!  That’s our Divine Selves!  It’s true for every single person on earth because we ALL came from God! 

Father Joseph Langford (no relation) stated, “If we were to take all the love in every heart of everyone on earth, and add it to all the love of all those who ever existed throughout history, then add the love of all saints in heaven, and all the angels, seraphim and cherubim, and pour all that love into one heart, and direct that love on ourselves, it would still fall infinitely short of the love God is pouring out on each of us right now.  Because God is infinite, his love is not divided, with each of us receiving but a portion.  We each receive the totality, the fullness of divine love, twenty-four hours a day, every day of our lives.”

But how many of us know and believe this with all our heart and soul?  How many of us live our lives from a place of unconditional love?  I know it’s something I aspire to, but I fall short many times; not only for others but for myself.  I love it when I am in that ‘unconditional love zone’ where I feel so much love for all living beings and all of life.  I know what it feels like in those moments and it’s an amazing feeling, one I wish I could stay in 100% of the time.  But the human side of me has a hard time and will sometimes argue with the Spirit within.  It’s easy to lose sight of the fact that our lives are miracles and we are the miracles living those lives!

I know I write a lot about unconditional love, but I really believe this is so important for us to understand.  I see way too many people in the world who have such low self-esteem and self-worth.  They have no confidence, some have no hope, and too many are lost.  I’ve been there.  I know what it feels like.  Sometimes I still go there.  Yet my Spirit is always gently prodding me to embrace my Divinity.  Jesus came here to teach us all of this!  He told us the Kingdom of Heaven is within and that we could do all the things he did and more.  We just have to believe it! 

Stop listening to others who try making you be who they think you should be.  Stop letting people rule you with fear or letting others put you down.  People treat others by the way they feel about themselves and they want company.  There are many books and classes to help you overcome the negativity that sometimes takes over our minds, and it really is all about our thoughts and beliefs.   

“Love is our true essence.  Love has no limitations of caste, religion, race, or nationality.  We are all beads strung together on the same thread of love.  To awaken this unity, and to spread to others the love that is our inherent nature, is the true goal of human life.”  Amma 

Published in the Cookeville Herald Citizen newspaper January 22, 2016.

No comments: