Friday, July 31, 2015

Awakening Delight

“Taking delight in who you are, what you do, and what you have is the secret of personal power, satisfaction, and high-energy living.  Delight connects you with the beauty and power of the universe, with your Higher Power, with Divinity.  Delight means feeling and expressing the joy of life, rejoicing in the beauty and richness of being.  Delight is a powerful liberating force that frees your creativity, talents, abilities, and capacities.  Delight anchors you in the eternal now and lets you see the best of it.  Delight inspires hope.  Delight feeds the heart and nurtures the soul. Delight brings zest into your life.  Delight makes you receptive and confident.  Delight is contagious; it is the greatest gift you can give to yourself and others.  The path of delight is there; it has always been there, waiting for you….”  The above was printed from the book “Out of the Blue…Delight Comes into Our Lives” by Mark Victor Hansen and Barbara Nichols, which I highly recommend reading.

According to Merriam-Webster.com, Delight means, ‘a strong feeling of happiness; something that makes you very happy; something that gives you great pleasure or satisfaction.’ 

We all have those delightful moments in time when it seems that everything is absolutely beautiful in the world, when we feel connected with everyone and everything, and we know that all is going to be okay.  There are times when I am in such a state of delight that I feel I can take on the world!  In those moments, I feel so much love for every single person on the planet, as well as for all animals, and all of nature.  It is in those moments that I feel that absolute perfect connection with everyone and everything, as well as an absolute direct connection with the All-That-Is.  Now if I could just be in that state-of-mind 100% of the time.

Many of you may know exactly what I’m talking about, and others may think I’m totally bonkers.  But for those who have felt that magnificent blissful delight and felt that perfect connection to everyone and everything, you know that it is in those moments that we have touched a piece of heaven on earth.  We know it really is about unconditional love and we feel no hate, judgment, or bigotry towards anyone.  This just a smidgeon of the perfect state of Grace or state of God (or the God of your understanding), and this is what life really is all about.

As it says in the book, “When you live in delight, you don’t just love life, you have a passion for life.  Your life is a joy to yourself and to those around you.  You are fully in touch with your own creative genius and you use your gifts to your advantage and to the advantage of the world at large.  You have a sense of destiny and purpose and you are living your dreams.  Your brilliance will light up a room when you walk in.  The light of your soul naturally seeks union with the light beyond and you glow.”
How do we get into that delightful, blissful state of mind?  One way is to work on our thoughts; get rid of the negative and fill our hearts and minds with positive and loving thoughts, not just for others, but for ourselves.  It’s not easy, but it can be done.  When our thoughts are pure and full of love, everything else follows.

The book gives us a Delight Declaration or Awakening Delight affirmation that we can say over and over:  “I realize my life is a delight.  I look for the gift in each situation.  Renewed by my creative connection with the Universe, I boldly live my life with joy, goodness, beauty, and ever-increasing delight.  Since I live in delight moment by moment, I am a blessing to all I know, all I support, and all I love.  I see my world through the eyes of delight and I am uplifted, protected, and totally loved.” 

We can also see others as being a delight.  I call it shooting Spiritwads of Delight (or love) towards everyone we see and meet.  Say silently to someone “I see you as a delight!”   You can even imagine a room being filled with delightful energy.  You’d be surprised how doing so can change a room full of people!

Alan Watts stated, “Existence is basically exuberance.  The Universe is a celebration of love and delight that, were it otherwise, would simply not go on happening.  The whole point is to be fully aware of it as it happens.”

May your hearts be filled with love, bliss, and pure delight, and may your lives be filled with happiness, joy, and the sheer excitement of living!


Published in the Cookeville Herald Citizen newspaper July 31, 2015.

2 comments:

Bellofpeace said...

To be spiritual is to be full of love
gedeprama|bellofpeace.org

Joy Scudder said...

Knowing that even a dark moment is a door to joy and delight. Hold on!