Sunday, January 25, 2009

Richard Simmons

I love Richard Simmons. Yes, Richard Simmons, the health and exercise guru. About twenty years ago, I first met him at a mall in Mansfield, Ohio before I knew much about him. Before meeting him, my impression was that he was…well…just really out there. As I watched him communicate with the crowd, I saw that he really cared. He was also a hoot. It was then, that I fell in love with him.

Over the past couple of years, I have had the wonderful opportunity to go on two of his “Cruise to Lose” cruises and I got to know Richard a little bit. I found him to be one of the most kindest, caring, and loving people I have ever known. He sincerely cares about people and their health. He is also a big promoter in how important it is to learn to love yourself.

Richard is proof that it's okay to be silly, to laugh, and to enjoy life. He's a great role model, not just for me, but for the thousands whom he has helped, and for those who have had the wonderful gift of getting to know him.

Some time ago, when “Whose Line Is It Anyway” was on the air, Richard was a guest on one of the episodes. I swear it is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. I laughed so hard that my mouth and abs ached from getting such a great work out. I will laugh hysterically every time I see it, too. Not only is Richard hilarious, but so were the reactions of the others on the show, as well as the hysterics of the audience members.

I am going to try to download the clip from YouTube onto my blog, but if it won’t work, you can see it at (remember to hit your back arrow to come back to the blog): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTxkxG3DF4k&ytsession=FK2ikArkCW4VFbnhyuTFfKB4X68Ae4ikx9pa0aqU3DlOwhY04tW3If1Y8uOp82N_dbH277AdnTRO3Wy9TYjtv7RlOMoYcFxhS4O_oiWM1ujoW0GGhjoiilbTvvTRTHOCJfmKzl5zpoLt9ilE_6vsV0YavoWJgmKkG--NLz6ZJZRsJLNPr2twaKSdQbzdsKxXwdqvgxczhXHdkctXXfQaD4zvFrdW_YTuShVnhgu6BpeC8dAmVd1hV_OWR_jgPF6H
Remember, it's okay to love and laugh. Enjoy life. We are so blessed.

/

No comments: