Tuesday, October 14, 2008

We're Already Magnificent!

For the past several weeks, there has been a subject I have wanted to write about in my blog, except at the same time, I have been in a spiritual slump. You know when you have those moments when you feel fat and frumpy? Okay, you men may not be able to relate to that, but women, you may know what I’m talking about. It’s when you just feel out of whack. Unbalanced. Feeling a little off. Maybe a little hormonal. That’s where I’ve been. It’s not a bad thing. We always have to honor our feelings no matter what those feelings are. Sometimes you just have to step out of the way, and let them run their course. One thing I always know for sure, though, is that if I wait it out, it will pass.

But this fits perfectly into what I have wanted to write about. Who we really are spiritually, compared to who we feel, believe, and are told we are on a human level. I am hoping that I can communicate with you clearly so that you can understand what I am trying to say. I understand it myself on a spiritual level, but on a human level, it can be hard to explain and even for me to understand.

I have often wondered why so many (and I’ll go so far as to say the vast majority) of us have such feelings of insecurity, low or no self-worth or self-esteem, feeling inferior, feeling like we’re never good enough or that we’ll never be good enough, and why we end up experiencing so much unhappiness in life. It’s like we just vaguely remember feeling something so different (great and wonderful and loved), but we can’t quite put our fingers on it. It’s also like when you try to remember something and it’s on the tip of your tongue, but you can’t quite get yourself to remember.

If we didn’t know on some level that there is something greater than what we are feeling, then we wouldn’t be feeling so bad about feeling bad. Feeling bad would feel normal. But we know that it isn’t normal (on a spiritual level). The question is, how do we go about getting those good feelings back?

When we are born, we are born as pure, unconditional, perfect love. We know our magnificence. We know how wonderful, spectacular, intelligent, and miraculous we already are. And, we remember what we knew before being born into human form.

I really believe that before we came to earth, while on the “other side,” that we chose the life we wanted to live. We chose the planet we wanted to live on, we chose our parents, family members, the country we are born in, our race, religion, color, sex, the kind of experiences we want to experience, etc. I believe we got together with other souls and scheduled our contacts with each other. So, everything about our lives is pretty much laid out before arriving here. I know this may be hard to wrap your mind around, but please hang in there with me. (And it’s okay if you don’t believe this. Neither one of us is right or wrong. It’s just what we believe.)

While on the other side, we know our magnificence. My goodness! We’re hanging out with the Supreme Being (whatever you wish to call Him/Her/It)!!! How much better can it get!?! “Life” is good on the other side. We know no sorrow. We’re happy all the time. We’re content and at peace with ourselves.

Then we’re born. Just coming into this world is quite a shock to our little systems. Most likely, we’re born into a cold room, bright lights, and people talking loudly, if not yelling. Someone grabs our little bodies, they may spank our little behinds, and they are vigorously rubbing something all over us, poking something up our nose, checking us out…. Quite a difference from where we came from!

Then the adults get a hold of us. At first, most, if not all, of our needs are taken care of. Food, diaper changing, love…. But then as we get older, we start hearing the words: no, don’t do that, stop that, you can’t have that, don't touch that… And as we get even older, for some of us, we hear the extreme: you’ll never amount to anything, you’re a sinner, you’re stupid, you’re fat, you’re ugly… (Their parents did the same thing to them, and on down the line, so we can’t outright blame our parents. They were only doing the best they could with what they knew.)

Not only do we have our family members telling us what we can and cannot do, or who we can or cannot be, we also have society pressuring us to be who and what they think we should be. Women get this the worst. We are pressured to be thin, pretty, no wrinkles, we have to wear certain fashions, perfumes, etc. (How many commercials or ads in magazines are geared towards men pressuring them to be thin, handsome, telling them what they can and cannot wear, or heaven forbid, have wrinkles?)

Now, here’s the tricky part in trying to explain what I know on a soul level, but find it difficult to explain on a human level. It’s like knowing there is something deep within our subconscious minds, but for whatever reasons, we can’t remember. We already ARE magnificent! We already ARE wonderful, fabulous, spectacular, miraculous beings! We’re already perfect! (Or sometimes I like to say perfectly imperfect.) We always have been and we always will be. We have just forgotten. Comparing it to computers, we’ve allowed the adults and others to delete the programs that we came here with that told us who were really are, and reprogrammed them with all their human nonsense. From what I see on TV, even though the programs may have been deleted, the computer experts can dig down into the computer brain and still find what was originally on the programs. (I sure hope I’m explaining that correctly.) And THAT’s what we vaguely remember.

Does any of this make sense on any level? I’m struggling whether or not to post this because I’m not confident in the fact that I was able to explain what it is that I was trying to say. But if this gets people to thinking, maybe they can understand it on their soul level even though it can be confusing on the human level. If so, then it was worth posting.

(If you want a really good website that reinforces your magnificence, I would highly recommend taking a look at TUT.com and subscribing to the Notes from the Universe. Here is an example:
“The one thing all famous authors, world class athletes, business tycoons, singers, actors, and celebrated achievers in any field have in common is that they all began their journeys when they were none of these things. Yet still, they began their journeys. You are so poised for greatness, The Universe”)

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kalina,

I would like to get in touch with you but cannot find your email anywhere. I am from Unity of Knoxville. Can you post it? Or how else can one find you?

Bill Benson

Kalina said...

Hi Bill! You can reach me at kalina@frontiernet.net. I should probably try to figure out how to put contact info on my blog. I'm still learning how to do all this. I'll look forward to hearing from you! Karen :)