Saturday, August 30, 2008

Afterthought on Thoughts

In my last blog, I mentioned how I was bombarding my brain with positive thought books and CD's, as well as trying to think only positive thoughts. Then WHAMMY! I got wang-tangled out of the blue by a bad bout of bronchitis that put me down for almost two weeks. Probably the worst I've ever had. I could only ask, "what's with thaaaat?!?" I don't think I had even entertained the idea of getting sick for one nanno-second.

Then I had another thought, which a friend confirmed in an email she had written to me. Maybe the bronchitis occurred because I had a lot of inner 'stuff' that needed to be released and it just happened to manifest itself as bronchitis. Hmmmmm. Or, another thought that popped into my head was, "maybe a germ is just a germ." I'm hoping it was a deep, inner cleansing. Maybe I'll never know.

I have been reading a LOT of books over the years on the power of our thoughts. I am determined to get this thing figured out. Some people can get it easily and begin manifesting their hearts desires without any problems. Then there are others who try as hard as they can and nothing. Nada. Nil. (At least not yet.) I'm still trying to work out why some can do it right off the bat, and others seem to go for long periods of time without seeing any of what they want to manifest. Maybe I'm trying to hard.

I like to compare it to learning to use a computer. If you've never used a computer before, the task of learning can be quite daunting, if not frightening. For one, what do you do with a mouse if not let your cat play with it? Turning on the computer. Going into Start and choosing programs. USING the programs. I've learned a lot about using computers over the years, but I still have a long ways to go. Some people just have the brain to figure it out. For others, it's like learning algebra. Some of us have to learn one step at a time and repeat as necessary. Same with learning to manifest. One step at a time.

Several years ago, I made a really nice, large vision board. Very colorful. Has pictures of everything I want to experience in my life. There is a lot on there that hasn't manifested as yet, but there are a few things that have. I had pictures of cruise ships. Since then, I've been on two cruises (with Richard Simmons, no less!). I had a picture of a dolphin. I swam with the dolphins last year. So, things are happening. But for SOME reason, my timing and the Universe's timing just aren't the same. I don't know whhyyyyy. Grin.

In the meantime, I still choose to think positive thoughts. I still choose to believe in the goodness of people and the world. I still choose to be happy and enjoy life as I know it. And I still choose to dream the dream. I'm expecting and looking forward to great and wonderful things. I can feel it! I really can! It's like the day before you go to Disneyland. You're all exciting with anticipation. But in my case, I'm not sure what's coming tomorrow, but I know that no matter what it is, it will be good (even when it's not). Getting healthy and fit. Having a successful speaking career. Writing a best seller motivational book. Visiting the islands of Hawaii. Going on an African picture taking safari. Having my dream log home on at least 1,000 acres. I put it all out there to the Universe. Now all I have to do is wait for Her to do Her thing (while doing what I can from this end; but not worrying about it).

I am at a point in my life where I really want to be of service to all living beings (human, animal, and otherwise). I learned a long time ago that if you change your attitude to what can you get, to what can you give, it changes your whole perspective on life. Life is hard on a lot of people. If I can help lighten someone's load, even if for a few minutes, then I've accomplished something.

So, my dear readers, please be aware of the thoughts that are passing through your head. You have a choice as to what you think and how you feel. You always have a choice. Even if you feel you don't have a choice; that is a choice. I do want to make it clear.... I don't have this "power of my thoughts" thing down pat. I still have a long ways to go myself. I'll probably be working on it for the rest of my life. I still struggle. I still hurt. I still cry. But I know that whatever I think or feel, it's my choice.

The main key is to learn that we ARE deserving of all the good things in life. We DO deserve to be abundant in all things. We deserve to be loved. After all, we are the Universe's children. Would a loving parent want anything less for their child?

Go for your dreams. Be happy. Be you. The magnificent and wonderful you!

No comments: