Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Being Full of It

Greetings!

It's interesting.... There is so much that I'd like to write about. It's all in my head. But getting it down on paper (or in the computer) is another thing. Sometimes I wish I had a computer chip that I could insert into my brain, download everything, and then insert it into my computer where everything would magically appear in a Word document. I know.....NOT going to happen.

I've been wanting to write a motivational book for years, but have been having troubles getting motivated to write it. Grin. It's all in my head. Just haven't been able to get it down out of my head. I know I'm meant to write it. And it will get written when it's meant to get written. I just have to get out of my own way. Ha!

I read a LOT of books. One right after the other. Mostly spiritual, motivational, self-empowerment books, with a few memoirs thrown in (mostly about celebrities). I find myself thinking that if all those people can write books, then why not me? Some people write one book, one right after the other! I'll read a book and think, "I can do this." Then I'll read another book and think, "Man, there's no way I can do this." Problem is, I find that I compare myself to other writers. My spirit voice keeps telling me that all authors had to start somewhere, so stop comparing.

Some books are so ridiculous that I cannot understand how on earth they even got printed. If they can get those books written, surely I can get mine written. And published. There's the bump right there. I read how some people have taken years trying to get their book published. Some had to self-publish because they couldn't get anyone else to publish it for them. (Note: Some of these books have turned up on the best seller lists, too.) My spirit voice tells me, "Kalina, you'll never know unless you try. If nothing else, you'll have a book for your kids. Oh, wait. I don't have any kids. Hmmmm."

I never will forget one time when I went into a very large Books-a-Million store in Knoxville, Tennessee. As soon as I walked into the store, my spirit voice said (very loudly, I might add), "Kalina, who were all these people to write books?" Point taken.

It's the same with my being an aspiring motivational speaker. I've talked about doing that for years. I know it's what I'm meant to do in this life. But here I am, still thinking about it. I do have to give myself some credit, though. A couple weeks ago, I started taking the steps to get it going. Slowly, but I have taken the steps. So, I can't be too hard on myself.

And again, I find myself comparing my abilities to people like Wayne Dyer, Les Brown, and all the other well-known speakers. And again, my spirit voice will tell me, "Kalina, they had to start somewhere, too. They were once where you are now."

I'm a pretty good speaker, if I do say so myself. A diamond in the rough, but okay considering I'm not a professional (yet). I've won awards in speaking contests. People tell me how well I do. It's just taking that big step through the fear factor, but I'm working on it.

Jobs are not too plentiful at the moment, and I think, no...I believe... that the Universe is giving me this great opportunity and time to get it started. I just have to say YES and step up to the plate.

So, as each moment and day goes by, I get one step closer (albeit baby steps) to my dream of being a well-paid, well-sought after motivational speaker, and writing my book, which ends up on the best seller list. (Hey, you have to aim high. What is the saying? Aim for the stars and you might hit the moon? Okay, something like that.)

So, my friends, if you have a dream, even if you have to take baby steps to seeing it fulfilled, take those steps. And dream big!

Till next time...

Love and Laughter,

Kalina

No comments: