Saturday, June 14, 2008

World in Chaos, Or Is It?

My goodness.... What on earth is going on in the world? Seems like everywhere you look, people are in chaos. Floods, tornados, earthquakes, droughts, and war! What are we coming to?

I'd like to add another perspective. What if we are on the verge of a very huge and wonderful spiritual awakening? You have to admit, SOMEthing is happening around the globe! Right now, it seems like it's all negative and horrible. Which on one hand, it is. On the other.... Try thinking about this. I really believe that catastrophic events happen to remind us as human beings how much we really are a part of each other. Think about 9/11 and Katrina. Horrible, horrible events; yes. But I also saw people from all over the world, all walks of life, all professions, ages, religions, nationalities and colors coming together to help one another. No questions asked. People just being there for each other and for our animal brothers and sisters.

Also think about this.... When everything is just hunky-dory in our lives, we tend to focus back on our own lives, our own issues, and we forget about those around us. True? I mean, really think about this.

Does God make this happen? No. He/she gave we humans the gift of choice. We can choose to be selfish and only take care of ourselves, or we can reach out and help someone in need. We complain about hunger, but how many strangers do WE feed? We complain about child abuse, but how many children who are hurting do we help? We complain about diseases and illnesses, especially when it comes to children, but we continue to use toxins in our homes and on our planet that we know are not good for us. We put them in our foods and eat them anyway!!! Is God making us do those things?

We should really think about our purpose in this life and on this planet. This is the only planet we have. We can focus on the negative and not do a thing to help, or we can focus on the positive and do whatever we can to make life a little easier for others. Sometimes it can be as simple as offering a smile or kind word to someone, pick up trash that you find on the streets, send a card to someone whether you know them or not, and just send out blessings to all those around us and to our planet. Yes, it can be that simple.

"But, Kalina, I have so many problems of my own," you say. So do I. But I have a choice. I can choose to focus on the negative and make myself and everyone around me miserable and unhappy. Or I can focus on the positive, and be/act happy in spite of everything going on around me. I can count my blessings. (If you can't think of any, can you walk, talk, see, hear? Start with the basics and build from there.) Can you imagine what could happen if we all did the latter? We could change the world!

Therefore, my friends, really think, and think hard, of our purpose in this life as we relate to those around us. Reach out and help someone in need. Bless everyone and everything (whether you like them or not). And make the choice of love.

No comments: